Applications are now open for the Fondazione Edu Scholarship 2019/2020 at the University of Ghana. Fondazione Edu is a family foundation specializing in higher education in Africa. It was founded in 2005, to realize the desire of the founders to promote young people’s access to higher education in developing countries namely Africa. Also, Its focus is on the disciplines of technical-scientific and agronomic. Further, They offer African students the opportunity to access higher education in their country of origin. They not only support individual growth paths but also the creation of professionalism that can, in the long run, contribute to sustainable socio-economic development.
- The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, as well as room and board, and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B average of 3.00 CGPA continue to be met and need is demonstrated.
- Applicant must be a Level 100 student
- Must have obtained an aggregate of 14 or better at the WASSCE
- Must be able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance, and success in other pursuits)
- Continuing science student with CGPA 3.75 and above (very limited slots)
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support your application:
Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
- Recent school receipts/bills of siblings of school-going age.
- Also, Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
- Birth Certificates (of siblings).
- Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
- Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
- Further, Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
- SSNIT contribution statements.
- Money transfer receipts.
- National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
- Further, Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
- Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
- Also, High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Likewise, Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program