Applications are now available for the Fulbright Greek Graduate Students 2020. The Fulbright Foundation in Greece will award up to six grants (depending on available funding). Further, for the academic year beginning August/September 2020 to Greek graduate students. Who wish to obtain a Master’s degree at a university in the United States. Awards are open to graduate students in all fields of study except medicine, dentistry and veterinary science. Also, to those who wish to enter residency training programs.
A very limited number of awards will be offered for architectural and law degrees, and toward Ph.D. degrees. Fulbright Greek Awards offer financial support toward the first year of study but do not cover the full amount (university fees plus the cost of living) for one year of U.S. study and beyond. The candidate is responsible for securing additional and adequate funding from personal and/or other sources and will need to provide financial evidence.
- cannot exceed the amount of US $20,000
- Further, Round trip travel allowance according to Fulbright Travel Policies & Regulations. Limited health and accident insurance (for recipient only).
- Likewise, All participants will receive the Department of State’s health insurance coverage (A+SPE) of $100,000 per illness or per injury with co-pays of $25 per medical visit and $75 for hospitalizations or emergency entries for the duration of the program.
- Applicant must have Greek citizenship and a valid Greek passport. Candidates with dual citizenship (U.S./Greek) or permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
- Must have Permanent residency in Greece and commitment to return to Greece following the academic program to fulfill the mission and aim of the Fulbright grant.
- Further, must have a Bachelor Degree from a Greek institution of higher education with a GPA of 8.0/10.00 and above or a degree from Degree-The American College of Greece or Anatolia College with a GPA of 3.4/4.0 and above.
- Must have English language fluency test scores
- Applicants should apply to more than one U.S. institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates below the age of 28 at the time of application.
- Further, Students who have already begun their studies in the United States are not eligible to apply.