Are you a change maker passionate about racial equity? Apply now for the Atlantic Fellows for Racial Equity (AFRE) Fellowship Program 2022. Each year they accept 20 high-impact change-makers from South Africa and the United States into the fellowship, which consists of an 18 months-long, non-residential experience that builds new knowledge, relationships, and capacity to effectively address the causes of racial inequality and to imagine more equitable futures.
The experience is immersive and dialogue-based. It is designed to support Fellows’ personal growth as leaders who are rooted in deep self-awareness, resilience, mutual support, and collective accountability, while also facilitating new understandings and solidarities to emerge across the sector, identity, and nationality.
Benefits from AFRE Fellowship Program
- A deeper understanding of complexities and trends in racial equity work.
- Insights and practices for impactful leadership.
- Ideas, tools, and strategies for social change.
- A network of relationships to support a lifetime of leadership and service.
- Membership in the Atlantic Fellows community, both transnationally and globally.
Fellowship Support from AFRE Fellowship Program
AFRE supports Fellows’ participation and leadership development through:
- Firstly, Technology facilitates participation in virtual programming.
- Secondly, Opportunities for international travel to South Africa and the United States.
- Thirdly, Professional coaching, networking, and financial resources to advance racial equity projects.
- Additionally, Narrative and strategic communications support for public-identity and thought-leadership development, including media training and narrative strategy consultation.
- USD $10,000 in funding to cover personal costs associated with participation.
- Access to Columbia University courses upon graduation.
- Lastly, Connection to a global community of Atlantic Fellows working for change.
Eligibility Required for AFRE Fellowship Program
This program is for individuals who are committed to achieving equity, have a track record of significant impact, and deeply value dialogue with, and learning from, diverse perspectives and voices as a critical step towards achieving societal transformation. There are no academic qualifications required to apply.
Fellows share the following characteristics. They are:
- Experienced in their field of work with a track record of impact in furthering racial equity;
- Proposing work with the potential to significantly advance the development of new policy, institutions, and/or narratives for greater equity;
- Willing and able to navigate and learn from diversity and complexity on a local and global scale;
- Committed to working with and supporting others to achieve individual and collective impact.
Applications are due by 11:59 pm SAST / 4:59 pm EST on January 28, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.