Applications are open for the Fully Funded ADB – Japan Scholarship Program at the University of Tokyo, Japan. ADB-JSP, financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank, aims to provide opportunity citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies. The Division of Environmental Studies which is of six departments. Also, the Graduate Program in Sustainability Science at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) have been by ADB to receive allocation with the ADB-JSP scholarship since 2000. The following departments are accepting ADB-JSP students. The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
Similarly, It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Moreover, Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
The ADB-JSP provides
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- A national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country listed here.
- Further, Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD* course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent with the superior academic record.
- At least two years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- In good health.
- Likewise, Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Fully Funded ADB Scholarship.
- Further, The staff of ADB-JSP designated institutions is not eligible for the Full fund ADB Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- Also, ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.