Asian Development Bank ADB invites application for the fully funded visiting fellowship. The Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for researchers and academics to share their ongoing or recently completed economic research in ADB headquarters in Manila.
The program offers visiting fellows the opportunity to:
- Give a presentation or lecture on a research topic that is of mutual interest and relevance to both ADB and the visiting fellow.
- Interact with staff from the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD) and other departments to discuss fresh ideas or methodologies on the selected topic and to give advice on ongoing or future ERCD research.
Moreover, the ADB encourages Female applicants and applicants from ADB developing member countries to apply.
ADB Remuneration For Visiting Fellowship
Visiting fellowship program organized by the Asian Development Bank is fully funded. The Visiting fellows may receive one or more of the following benefits:
- A lump-sum honorarium will payable to the visiting fellow, depending on his/her experience, qualifications, and length of visit.
- ADB also compensates a roundtrip airfare via the most direct and cost-effective route on economy class. Further, the visiting fellows will receive reimbursement on the cost of obtaining a visa.
- Further, the visiting fellows will receive a one-time miscellaneous travel expense of $100.
- ADB will provide office space in the department for the duration of the visiting fellow’s stay.
- ADB will pay the visiting fellow a daily allowance to cover hotel costs and subsistence;
- However, the visiting fellow is responsible for his/her own travel and health insurance.
Are you Eligible for the Fully Funded ADB Fellowship?
Asian Development bank considers an applicant eligible for the fully funded Fellowship if they:
- Have a PhD or its equivalent, or be a PhD candidate, in economics or a related field
- Have ongoing research or a research proposal on a topic of relevance to ADB; and
- Also, Be a national of one of ADB’s member countries.
What will you require to apply for Asian Development Bank Fellowship program?
An eligible candidate may apply for the ADB visiting fellowship program with the documents including:
- Short cover letter;
- Further, Curriculum vitae;
- Likewise, Short description of an ongoing research project(s) including objective(s) of the study, methodology, findings, and policy implications;
- Presentation materials such as PowerPoint slides; and
- A draft paper, if available.
The candidates must send the documents via email
Application for the fully funded ADB visiting fellowship is open all year round. Hence, applicants may apply for the fellowship at their convenience. However, ADB makes selections on a quarterly basis. Hence, applicants will know the outcome within one month of application. If, however, there is no reply within the time frame, the applicants are not eligible for the fellowship.