Do you want to work to advance the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals? Likewise, Do you want to fight poverty and ensure sustainable development? Do you want to lead change and develop your skills to do so?
If so, They invite you to apply to the African Young Women Leaders Fellowship Programme – a partnership between the African Union Commission (AUC) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). Further, This exciting partnership aims to build a new generation of young African women leaders and experts to serve Africa and also, the world in designing and implementing development programmes in the context of the SDGs and Agenda 2063. Likewise, They are looking for 20 young African women who are ready to take up a fellowship assignment for 12 months starting from October 2019.
- The Fellowship Programme will cover expenses related to travel and medical insurance. In addition, each Fellow will be paid a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs at the respective duty station.
- Open to a national of an AU Member State
- Aged below 34 years at the date of application
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, or other relevant fields
- Similarly, Maximum 1 year of working experience in research, analysis, and programme/project development, implementation and management
- Available in 2019/20 to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship programme and also, available to participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa from October 2019.
- Willing to live and work outside their country of residence
- Further, Proficiency in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese) and working knowledge of English
- Understanding of, and interest in, poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Africa’s Agenda 2063
- Capacity to gather comprehensive information on complex problems or situations, evaluating information accurately, analyzing and identifying key issues and solutions
- The initiative, client-orientation, and working in teams, and complex and time-pressured contexts, field experience in an African country
- Experience in developing technical proposals
- Leadership, innovation and technology and setting up networks/hubs/hangouts