Commonwealth Foundation is offering prospective Master’s Students an opportunity to study in the UK under its fully funded 2020 Master’s Scholarship scheme. Moreover, the scholarship enables talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development. The foundation aims these scholarships to students who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Further, these scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Fully Funded Commonwealth 2020 Master’s Scholarship
Each student receiving the fully funded Commonwealth 2020 Master’s Scholarship will receive:
- Approved tuition fee
- Approved airfare from home country to the UK at the beginning of the studies and a return ticket at the end of the studies
- Further, Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly at rate £1,110 per month. While for students in the London Metropolitan Area will receive a stipend at rate £1,362.
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis, where applicable.
- Also, study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £476 per month for the first child, and £117 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children
Eligibility for the Commonwealth 2020 Master’s Scholarship
The Commonwealth Foundation awards the scholarship to Master’s Students whose profile aligns with the scholarship’s requirement. Moreover, the candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have a refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Further, the fellows must be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020
- By September 2020, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard, or a second class degree (2:2) as well as a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
- Also, the candidates should be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Further, the students should provide all supporting documentation in the required format
How to apply Fully Funded Commonwealth 2020 Master’s Scholarship?
An applicant may apply to study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC. Part funding agreements are at the discretion of individual universities.
To apply for the fully funded 2020 Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship, a nominating body must nominate a student in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
These nominating bodies must nominate the applicants to make an application. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria. Applicants must meet these criteria as well as apply before the deadline. Further, the applicant must note that these nominating bodies may have their own application deadline.
Students must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that required to complete by your nominating body. Along with the application, a student must submit
- Proof of citizenship or refugee status – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications including to-date transcripts for any qualifications you are currently studying (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- References from at least two individuals – submitted directly by the referees to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
The Commonwealth Foundation has set the deadline for the fully funded Master’s Scholarship for international students in the UK for 30 October 2019. While the deadline for submitting the recommendation letter is on 20 November 2019. Applicants should, however, note that the nominating body may have a separate deadline.