Applications are open for the EPFL School of Life Sciences Summer Research Program 2022. The program offers international bachelor/1st-year master’s students eight weeks of lab immersion during the summer. Join one of the research groups and experience what it means to be part of the thriving science community in Switzerland.
The program features:
- 20-25 participants each summer
- 8 weeks of lab experience
- Mentoring by faculty and scientific staff
- Access to scientific seminars
- Science-related & personal development Friday afternoon workshops
- Closing symposium with poster session or presentations from all participants
- A rich program of social activities, including a day hike to Swiss alps with raclette, BBQs and a few possible excursions to points of interest such as CERN.
Benefits from Summer Research Program
- Join on-going research in a lab of the École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) School of Life Sciences.
- Learn new techniques while studying a research topic related to current health issues.
- Improve critical thinking and experimental design.
- Prepare for future independent research as a graduate student.
- Experience the excitement and challenges of scientific research gaining insight into what a research career entails.
- Each student receives CHF 3,200 for the two-month period which covers housing and living costs.
- Housing is reserved and paid for out of the stipends beforehand.
- Students are housed together either in Lausanne or possibly in Geneva depending on a lab assignment.
- Students have either single rooms or double rooms and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with their fellow SRP participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland are covered. The program reimburses up to CHF 1,000 for overseas flights and CHF 500 for shorter distances.
Eligibility Required for Summer Research Program
- be currently enrolled in a university in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bio-engineering, bio-informatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses, or other life sciences-related programs.
- have a minimum GPA equivalent to a 3.75/4.0 grade or higher.
- have completed at least two years of undergraduate work up to the first year of a master’s degree before the start of the program.
- show a strong interest in pursuing a career in life sciences.
Application Details of Summer Research Program
Application materials include;
- Firstly, Your CV (1-2 pages)
- Secondly, Your motivation letter (maximum 750 words)
- Thirdly, The explanation of lab choices (2-3 sentences per lab)
- Additionally, University transcript or school official list of classes and grades
- Furthermore, Two letters of recommendation
- Basic life sciences understanding is essential; previous lab experience is a plus
Submit your application including pdf uploads of all the above-mentioned documents.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.