Application open for 2019 Ph.D. Fellowships for Women Scientists from Science and Technology in Italy. Further, The programme is administered with funds generously provided by the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) and is offered in partnership with host institutes throughout the developing world. Also, The general purpose of the Fellowships for Women programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
Moreover, The general purpose of the fellowship programme is to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of women leaders in science and technology and to promote their effective participation in the scientific and technological development of their countries.
The specific aims of the fellowship programme are:
- To improve access to education and also, training opportunities in science and also, technology for young and talented women graduates from STLCs.
- Increase the scientific productivity and creativity of women scientists in STLCs.
- Empower a new generation of talented women to assume a leadership role in science and also, technology.
- Further, to encourage women scientists to contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries.
- Additionally, to enable women scientist from the South to collaborate and network on a regional and international level.
- A monthly allowance to cover basic living expenses such as accommodation and meals while in the host country
- A special allowance to attend international conferences during the period of the fellowship
- A return ticket from the home country to the host institute for the agreed research period
- Visa expenses
- Annual medical insurance contribution
- The opportunity to attend regional science communications workshops, on a competitive basis
- Study fees (including tuition and registration fees)
- Candidates must confirm that they intend to return to their home country as soon as possible after the completion of the fellowship.
- Eligible scientific fields: Agricultural Sciences; Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences; Biological Systems and Organisms; Chemical Sciences; Computing and Information Technology; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical Sciences; Medical and Health Sciences; Neurosciences; Physics; Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Further, Eligible academic qualification: The minimum qualification is an MSc degree in one of the above-listed study fields.
Eligible host institutes
- Host institutes must be located in a developing country in the South (not the candidate’s home country)
- A list of recommended institutes can be found on their official website
- Other institutes will also be considered if they demonstrate appropriate resources and expertise.
- Candidates should identify a host institute outside their home country. They can identify a further two host institutes if desired.
- Lastly, Candidates who are already on site in the host country will not usually be considered eligible.