Fully Funded Global Minds Scholarships at KU Leuven in Belgium. The deadline for this application is January (Annual).
The scholarship allows PhD level programs in the field of Development Related Topics taught at KU Leuven .
As one of its contributions to development cooperation, every academic year KU Leuven selects exceptional students from developing countries as scholarship candidates to obtain their PhD from the largest university of Belgium.
The aim is to give students the opportunity to conduct PhD research in a ‘sandwich’ system, which means that 50% of the research takes place at KU Leuven and 50% at the home institution of the scholar, supported by a local co-promoter. The PhD degree is awarded by KU Leuven.
Global Minds Doctoral Scholarships Program at KU Leuven is available to undertake PhD level programs at KU Leuven.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Development Related Topics
Citizen of one of the countries included in the VLIR-UOS scholarship country list.
The scholarship covers tuition fee, monthly allowance, insurance, travel costs, research allowance, etc.
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries.
- Also, candidates who have citizenship of the EU will not be selected. The same applies to applicants with a long-term EU residence permit.
- Additionally, the candidate’s latest Master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2020.
- Moreover, the research project must be of excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
- Also, the research project must have a clear time frame that indicates how the research periods at KU Leuven and at the home institution will alternate.
- Moreover, the candidate must demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- Similarly, the candidate must be supported by a KU Leuven promoter.
- Furthermore, the candidate has read and agreed to the Regulations, Obligations and Conditions for Terminating the GM PhD Scholarship.
- Moreover, candidates must not submit their application unless it fulfills the conditions enlisted above.
- The candidate must follow the application procedure and complete his/her file before 15 January 2021.
- It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.