U.S. Egypt Higher Education Initiative Public University Scholarships is an undergraduate scholarship program that will develop the capacity of almost 600 students through comprehensive academic and practical training that results in educated, motivated, English-speaking, college graduates who will excel in the workplace, in fields in which employers currently have trouble hiring. Further, AMIDEAST and its partners have designed a comprehensive program of university study, English and professional-skills training, internships and study in the U.S., community service, and also, personal development activities to ensure that program graduates are prepared to meet the labor needs of the market. Further, The Public University Scholarships Program is one component of the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative.
- Studying in excellence programs at universities: Cairo, Ain Shams, Assuit, Mansoura, and Alexandria.
- Likewise, Studying in the fields that are crucial in building the future economy of Egypt (Engineering, Commerce, Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Mass Communication and Economics).
- Costs covered by the scholarship: (tuition fees, books, laptop, enhancement courses on basic skills, accommodation, and transportation).
- 65% of the students will study a semester abroad in the United States.
- Further, Summer training sessions and community projects.
- Intensive English courses, leadership skills, and entrepreneurship.
- The program qualifies students to gain the practical experience needed for the job market.
- Tuition fees and ongoing academic support
- Intensive English and study skills program
- Similarly, leadership, character building, and business development training
- Mentoring and networking activities
- Further, Internship and summer training in the field of study
- Semester / Study summer at a university abroad
- Support at job search and placement after graduation
- Egyptian students who graduated from public schools with a score of 85% or more in their third year of
- Thanwya Amma and who have been nominated through the Tansik office of the faculties and universities listed before. The scholarship is also for students with special needs.
- Further, egyptian young men and women enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma for the year 2018/2019 in governmental and experimental schools.
- Participated in community activities.
- Includes scholarships specifically for disabled applicants.