Fully Funded Exchange Program is 3 months Hurford Youth fellowship exchange program going to be held in Washington D.C., the USA from 1st March 2021 to 31st May 2021.
The World Movement for Democracy is a global network of civil society activists, scholars, parliamentarians, thought leaders, journalists, and funders. Who are committed to advancing democracy. The Hurford Youth Fellowship Program seeks to build leadership skills. Also, harness the potential of young democracy activists from around the world. Through the Program, young activists spend three months at the World Movement’s Secretariat. Further, during which they expand their global connections, share experiences with other activists from democracy movements around the world. Also, contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy and the World Youth Movement for Democracy.
Moreover, Hurford Youth Fellows engage in the following activities
- Conduct research on one topic related to the democracy themes above.
- Develop online resources, such as a collection of related publications and training materials.
- Facilitate online discussions.
- Contribute to the World Movement/World Youth Movement social media posts.
- Take part in planning and implementing other activities of the World Movement/World Youth Movement.
- Participate in relevant events and discussions in Washington, D.C., to deepen understanding of issues and build working relationships.
- Identify, compile, present, and creatively share discussion materials and results.
Benefits of Hurford Youth Fellowship Program
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses,
- Along with, basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellowship Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
- They must demonstrate a strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
- Further, Encouraging Youth affiliated with civil society organizations to participate
- The Hurford Youth Fellows Program is open to applicants from any country.
- Working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. However, all application materials are to be in English.