Applications call for the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships Program. IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable at centers of excellence in developing countries from the eligible countries, i.e research institutions with a well-established track record in research and a demonstrated competency in a field relevant to sustainability science.
- Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food, and health insurance.
- The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship program provides support for research projects in the following fields
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and Micro-plastics
- Water and hygiene
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship program
- Age up to 45 years.
- Preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the Ph.D.
- The host Institute must be in a developing country from the list.
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute.
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided.
- Must be employed at an institution in his/her home country.
The candidates must
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Present a research plan agreed by her/his host supervisor.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Be autonomous in regard to the visa application, health insurance, and housing in the host country.