Apply for the Fully Funded Japan Scholarship Program 2020. The deadline for the scholarship is ongoing.
Furthermore, the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Furthermore, upon completion of their study programs, scholars must contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
ADB-JSP provides scholarships only to the participating academic institutions under the Program.
Field(s) of study:
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Additionally, only programs offered at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
Number of Scholarships:
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
The ADB-JSP provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence and housing allowance, an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses.
Additionally, the scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. Furthermore, the maximum duration of the scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
1. A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2. Additionally, applicants should have gained admission to an approved MA/Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
3. Also, a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
4. Additionally, at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
5. Furthermore, not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
6. In good health.
7. Also, applicants should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
Visit the official page for more information.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Open to||Selected Countries|
|Organizer||Government of Japan|