Kyushu University is inviting applicants for Kyushu University Friendship Scholarships Scheme. Scholarships are open to students from abroad for pursuing undergraduate and graduate program.
Moreover, By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and also, play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation. Further, University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese public university located in Fukuoka, Kyushu. Also, It is the 4th oldest university in Japan and one of the former Imperial Universities.
- Monthly Stipend: 80,000 JPY
- Support Period 1st Term: From April 2018 to September 2018 (Up to 6 months)
- 2nd Term: From October 2018 to March 2019 (Up to 6 months)
- Travel Expenses: Travel expenses up to the amount below will be covered (actual cost).
- Additionally, The details are as follows;
- Asia(*): Up to 50,000 JPY Outside of Asia: 100,000 JPY *The area designated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- Further, Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and also, the location of the recipient’s university.
- Incidental Expenses only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by University.
- Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
- Scholars who are talented in need of financial assistance.
- Also, be accepted by an undergraduate school or graduate school of the University as Special Auditors, Special Research Students or Double Degree Program students.
- who are considering to study as degree-seeking students at University in the future. (Only for Special Auditors and Special Research Students)
- Scholars who have been successfully accepted or are under the procedure of acceptance as of the application for this scholarship.
- Further, students, who can pay the tuition fee in case they come from the universities which don’t have the agreement of student exchange.
- have applied for a student exchange program in case they come from the universities which have the agreement of student exchange (In principle)
- Scholars whose terms of study is more than 3 months and the status of Visa is “College Students” in Japan.
- scholarship: Both your period of enrollment and the length of stay in Japan must be more than 16 days of the month concerned in order to receive a monthly stipend.