Apply for the Fully Funded Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. The deadline for the application is 7th August 2020.
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021 at United States International University-Africa. United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world-class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Likewise, laptops, books, and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Also, stipend;
- Transport to and from home;
- Also, access to leadership training;
- Additionally, access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counseling, and mentorship;
- Also, disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
- Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Also, refugees and displaced youth;
- Likewise, youth with disabilities.
- Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models, and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
Interested applicants can download the application form or pick from Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa at no cost.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.