Applications are open for the Fully Funded Mexico Government Scholarship 2020. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), summons foreigners interested in studying in Mexico, at the levels of specialty, master’s, doctorate and postgraduate research, as well as undergraduate and graduate student mobility programs, to participate in the “Call for Excellence Scholarships of the Government of Mexico for Foreigners 2019”.
The Call is offered to more than 180 countries, within the framework of bilateral agreements, multilateral mechanisms, and special agreements. More than 90 Mexican Higher Education Institutions (IES) participate in this Call and all have academic programs registered in the National Quality Postgraduate Program of the National Council of Science and Technology. These programs bear witness to the progress that the country has achieved in various areas of science and humanities.
The scholarships for academic studies are offered to take complete programs for Specialization, Master’s or PhD Degrees, and Postgraduate Researches. Likewise, the offer includes academic mobility for Bachelors and Postgraduate Degree. On the other hand, the scholarships for special programs are offered Preferred to take short-term fellowships addressed to Visiting Professors, Researchers in Mexico’s issues, Media Contributors, Art Production Fellowships, etc.
- Monthly stipend of 4 (four) times the value of the unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Undergraduate mobility scholarships, Specializations, Master’s degrees or Masters-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses. During 2018, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $9,604.80 pesos (approximately USD 529.77)
- Monthly stipend of 5 (five) times the value of the Unit of Measure and Actualization (UMA) for Doctoral programs and Research periods, Postdoctoral fellowships and Medical specialties and subspecialties. During 2018, the stipend was calculated with the minimum salary in Mexico City and was equivalent of $12,066.00 Mexican pesos (approximately USD $665.52).
- Monthly stipends are not divisible or partial. The Scholarships will be paid at the end of each month.
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution, subject to the final decision of the participating HEI, established in the letter of acceptance.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting the third month of the scholarship. The Scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.
- The cost of the temporary resident/student visa issuance, for stays longer than 180 days.
- Depending on the reciprocity with the partner country, it will be included a round-trip international airfare at the beginning and/or satisfactory term of the scholarship. The air ticket will be purchased in economy class and will be considered the most convenient flight route for the Academic Exchange Office.
- Should the recipient of the scholarship is pursuing studies outside Mexico City, transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back will be provided, at the start and end of his/her academic activities.
- Candidates cannot be living in Mexico at the time of application.
- Except in special cases, scholarships cannot begin in November or December.
- Requests for information and all scholarship applications must be submitted to the Mexican embassy or concurrent embassy of the applicant’s country or to the designated Mexican institution. Only applications that fulfill all of the requirements will be considered.
- All documents and forms must be in Spanish or submitted with translations into Spanish.
- Candidates will be informed of the results by the corresponding Mexican embassy or designated Mexican institution.
- The scholarships are not transferable and cannot be deferred to future years.