Applications are open for the PASET-RSIF PhD Scholarship Programme 2019. PASET-RSIF is offering up to 45 PhD scholarships at one of ten RSIF African Host Universities. The 3-4 Year Doctoral Training Scholarship is offered in the following thematic areas: ICTs including big data and artificial intelligence; Moreover, Food security and agribusiness; Minerals, Mining and Materials Engineering; Also, Energy including renewables, and Climate Change. Further, The RSIF scholarship will be awarded in September 2019.
- The scholarships cover all costs of the PhD program, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees, and research support.
- Also, Return airfare from/to home country
- RSIF scholars are eligible to benefit from competitive research grant awards by submitting proposals in collaboration with faculty and international partners to strengthen their research excellence.
Open to nationals of a sub-Saharan African country who do not have a PhD degree. Preference will be to young faculty without PhD degrees;
- Women are especially are to apply. Priority will be to women and existing young academic faculty at African Universities;
- Further, Young African scientists and engineers who are entering academia, industry or business;
- Hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field, and must be willing to enroll into a full-time PhD program at an RSIF African Host University;
- Also, additional specific entrance requirements will be for admission depending on the eligible PhD program at the RSIF AHU selected by the candidate
- A working knowledge of English or French (written & spoken);
- Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents must be received online.
The application process is two-fold:
- Applications for places are to be the preferred RSIF African Host University. Kindly see section 3.0 on the application form for specific requirements for the university you are applying to. Please note, you DO NOT need to submit a separate application to the University directly. You also DO NOT need to pay any application fees at this time.
- Once the applicant meets the University qualifications, and they have all the documents to upload including the complete application form, then they can proceed to apply for the scholarship.