France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) have implemented a fully funded post doctoral research program to support for foreign students wishing to conduct further research in France. Moreover, researchers can research on either of a topic related to earth systems, climate change, and sustainability, or the energy transition.
Fully Funded Post Doctoral Research Program
The foreign students successful to gain acceptance in the fully funded ‘Make Our Planet Great Again’ Post Doctoral Research Program will receive a monthly stipend payable to the host institution. Moreover, the overall value of the stipend depends upon the duration of the research.
- 75 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 18 months ;
- 50 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 12 months ;
- 25 000€ to support the candidate’s research over a period of 6 months.
Eligibility for the Fully Funded Post Doctoral Research Program
Foreign Students must possess a doctoral degree in order to apply for the fully funded research Program. Further, the candidates must abide by the following criteria.
- The students must not be French nationals. Nor they must have been resident in France after September 1, 2018.
- Candidates may be of any age.
- The postdoctoral contract must take effect no later than March 31, 2020.
- The candidates must either come from one of the 56 countries listed below or propose a post-doctoral project that benefits one or several of the listed countries.
- Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic; Chad, Colombia, Comoros Islands, Cuba, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic; Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire); Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique; Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Saint-Lucia, South Africa, Sudan; Tanzania, Tunisia, Togo, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
Consistent with the aims and requirements of this call for proposals, the selection process will unfold in two phases. In the first phase, scientific experts in the covered fields will evaluate the applications received. In the second phase, an international jury will make the final selection of candidates to receive support.
How to apply for the Fully Funded Post Doctoral Research Program
Foreign Students must complete and submit the online application form for the fully funded ‘Make Our Planet Great Again’ Post Doctoral Research Program. Additionally, the applicants must provide
- A CV as well as the list of your publications in English ;
- PhD Diploma ;
- Likewise, the CV of the postdoctoral supervisor ;
- The letter of commitment of the French host institution for hosting your post-doctorate (the host institution receives a financing a maximum of 75 000€ for 18 months) ;
- Also, letters of recommendation.
Foreign students may apply for the fully funded PostDoctoral Research Program until 4 November 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible for fellowship consideration.