Applications are now open for the MSc programme in Conservation Management of Cultural Heritage (CMCH). Addressing emerging conservation challenges in the Arab region, and integrated approaches to heritage management. Further, ICCROM (through its regional office in Sharjah), in partnership with the University of Sharjah in the UAE, is offering an inter-disciplinary MSc programme in “Conservation Management of Cultural Heritage”. The programme, set to start in January 2020. It targets heritage professionals from a diversity of backgrounds in the Arab region, and also, will consist of two tracks:
- Management of Museums (Movable heritage)
- Management of Cultural Heritage Sites (Immovable heritage)
- The MSc programme uses a block-teaching model: each module starts with a preparation period with assigned readings, followed by two weeks of intensive classroom teaching, visits and case studies, and concludes with assignments to be followed up in the following module.
- Per Credit hour: 2860 AED.
- With the gracious support of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Al Qassimi, Member of the Supreme Council and
- Further, the Ruler of Sharjah and other donors, ICCROM-Sharjah will offer a limited number of scholarships subject to rigorous evaluation criteria. The scholarships will cover tuition fees, accommodation, round-trip to UAE and also,
- living expenses allowance.
- Further, Students seeking a scholarship must include that in the letter of interest to be submitted with the application, explaining why they seek financial support and how they will contribute to the field upon completion of the degree programme.
To be eligible to apply, candidates must Arabic-speaking professionals with:
- A bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as Archaeology, Architecture, Urban planning/Urban studies, Heritage conservation, Heritage management, Museology/Museum Studies, History of Art, or History of Architecture. Graduates of other disciplines may be at the discretion of the program’s steering committee. Also, maybe to fulfill further requirements.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- likewise, English Language competency (Academic IELTS: 4.0, TOEFL: 400)
- Experience in related fields of cultural heritage management is an asset.