The applications have opened for the Fully Funded Research Scholarships at Swansea University 2020. Interested candidates can apply until 28th February 2020.
Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) offers this scholarship for Ph.D. students in the fields of Rheology, Civil Engineering.
- This CASE Ph.D. research project will build on the existing numerical modeling work undertaken for the EFFC/DFI Tremie Concrete Guide to include the interface layer and interaction with the support fluid.
- Also, the program will input into the upgrading of specifications for reinforcement spacing, laps, and cover requirements.
- It will help to develop concrete mix designs that are more resistant to support fluids that are more stable.
- The research works planned include numerical simulations, lab tests, and field trips.
- The successful candidate will not only receive full research training in numerical, experimental and data technologies, but he/she will also be directly engaged in the solution of complex problems in real-world engineering with leading industrial partners.
The candidates must meet the following requirements for the Fully Funded Research Scholarships.
- Candidates should have a first or upper second class honors degree in civil engineering or a relevant discipline (structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, aerospace engineering, mathematics).
- Additionally, a master’s degree is an advantage.
- Also, they require experience in finite element analysis, computational fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, fluid mechanics and/or soil mechanics
- Furthermore, they must meet the English Language requirements.
Value of the scholarship
- The scholarship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend of 15,009 pounds.
- Also, there will be additional funds available for research expenses.
The candidates must submit the following documents
- College of Engineering PGR Scholarship Application
- A two-page CV as well as degree certificates and transcripts
- Also, cover letter to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Additionally, two written referees (academic or previous employer)
Visit the official website for additional details.