Fully Funded Russian Government Scholarships in Russia
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation offers Government scholarships for international students. Higher education overseas offers an opportunity for growth and development that only a few other experiences can provide so intensely.What does a young professional need to compete in today’s job market? High-quality, prestigious education recognized all over the world. Russia, having the highest literacy rate in the world (99,6%), is rightly proud of having one of the best education systems in the world, as well as the greatest scientific and technological achievements, numerous Nobel Prize Winners, cultural and sporting figures of international status and the richest resources. Every year tens of thousands of students from all over the world come to study in Russia to get prestigious, globally recognized and affordable education.
- The Russian higher education system consists of more than 650 state universities where about 9 million people study; more than 300 000 of these come from about 200 different countries.
- Russian higher education offers a wealth of choice from more than 300 medical, engineering, economic and humanities specialties.
- Russian higher education is based on the world-renowned school of fundamental and applied science, at the base of which lie the great discoveries of Russian scientists, which determined the course of developments in world science for many centuries ahead.
- Russian higher education gives the possibility of access to the most modern laboratories and scientific-technical centers.
- The highly qualified teaching personnel of Russian state universities (on average 80% of professors hold Ph.D. degrees) guarantee top-quality education.
- Russian higher education consists of prestigious universities with more than 100 years of history and globally respected degrees which are recognized all over the world.
- The study of foreign citizens at Russian state universities is up to 80% subsidized by the Government of Russia, making it affordable (the average cost of an academic year, including accommodation in a student hostel, is 2500-4000 USD).
- Russian higher education is an excellent opportunity to get to know a country which has a lot to offer – a unique cultural and historical heritage, the incomparable beauty of its natural landscapes and climatic zones, the diversity of architectural styles in its biggest cities, and the rich traditions and customs of more than 160 nationalities living in Russia.
Applications for study on a foundation course are accepted from 1st March until 1st October. Classes start from 20th September (subject to there being enough students to start a group). It is recommended that students arrive no later than 15th November for study on foundation courses.Applications for study on main courses (first and subsequent years) are accepted from 1st March until 15th August of each year for passport-holders of visa-free countries and from 1st March until 15th July for passport holders of countries requiring a visa. Classes start from 1st September. A foreign citizen can be admitted to Russian state university if the following requirements are met:
- For Bachelor’s or Specialist’s programs, if: He/she has a document of complete secondary education or any other equivalent document;
- For Master’s program, if: He/she has a “Bachelor’s degree” or a “Specialist’s degree” with the course duration not less than 4 years;
- For postgraduate studies (Ph.D.), if: He/she has a “Master’s degree” (with the course duration not less than 2 years) or a “Specialist’s degree” with the course duration not less than 5 years
- For postgraduate medical studies (internship, clinical residency), if: He/she has a degree of higher medical /dental/pharmaceutical education.
Studies in Russian universities are carried out in Russian language. In some specialties the training is also delivered in English (about 20 specialties) and French (general medicine, pharmacy). Candidates choosing the training in English or French must have an interview to check their language competency upon arrival. The results of international language tests (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, DALF, TCF etc.) are not required.
Deadline: 1st October 2018