Applications are open for the Energy Scholarship at Ain Shams University. The USAID-funded Center of Excellence for Energy (COE-Energy) by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in cooperation with Ain Shams University, Aswan University, and Mansoura University is pleased to announce the first round of the COE-Energy Academic Scholarship in Energy and Renewable Energy. The objective of the COE-Energy scholarship is to increase the availability of qualified graduates in the field of Energy and Renewable Energy while supporting equal opportunities among scholarship beneficiaries. Moreover, the COE-Energy scholarship funded by USAID provides funding for students attending the four-year Energy and Renewable Energy Credit Hour Program at Ain Shams University. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to qualify.
- The Center of Excellence for Energy scholarship covers full tuition for Four-year of Energy and is also, Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University.
- Egyptian Nationality
- Undergraduate students must be eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University.
- Further, eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority is to applicants from the Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
- Applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
- Likewise, Applicants must score a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2018/2019. Priority will be to applicants with higher GPAs.
- Undergraduate students must have a valid TOEFL/ITP, TOEFL/IBT, or IELTS score with a minimum of:
- 500 in ITP, or
- 60 in IBT, or
- 5 in IELTS
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, August 14, 2019. No applications will be beyond this date.
- Further, Submission of the complete package is necessary, including the motivation letter with the online application; otherwise, the student’s application will be incomplete and disqualified.
- The project strongly encourages the participation of women, persons with disabilities, and also, applicants with socio-economic disadvantages who meet the academic/professional eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.