Fully Funded Scholarship in Europe is the Master in Digital Communication Leadership (DCLead). They are approaching the vast and recent field of digital communication from an interdisciplinary and international point of view bringing together advanced academic discussion with practical knowledge and skills. The programme promotes a non-techno-deterministic, social and ethical reflection on digital communication for future leaders of the field.
The leadership-approach of this curriculum encompasses economic-managerial, technological and media and communication knowledge with social responsibility and ethical-cultural dimensions of digital communication.
The ability to combine these dimensions, to think together the economy and social aspects, technology and culture, individual needs and society will be an indispensable precondition for future leaders in the field. The aim of the programme is to deepen and broaden this knowledge and to provide an arena for innovative ideas and discussions as well as a profound preparatory basis for future fields of employment in the area of digital communication
- Students will be expected to gain knowledge, competencies and skills, according to their chosen study track, in several of the following fields: (new) media policies, business and economics of (new) media, media management, service design, network and service development, innovation studies, political economy and a European perspective on those fields.
- Erasmus+ Scholarships:
- Only applicants who will submit all required documents will be eligible for consideration. The final decision lies with the Agency of Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Union based on the evaluation provided by a selection committee of the DCLead consortium.
- The following scholarships are awarded: Programme Countries E+ Scholarship grantees receive a stipend of 1000 EUR per month for the maximum duration of the 24 month, and 1.000 EUR per year for travel costs.
- The grant also covers the participation costs.
- Partner Countries E+ Scholarship grantees receive a stipend of 1.000 EUR per month for the maximum duration of the 24 month, 1.000 or 3.000 EUR for travel costs depending on the distance of the home country to the coordinating university (University of Salzburg), and 1.000 EUR for installation costs. The grant also covers the participation costs.
- An applicant for admission shall hold the equivalent of an academic bachelor’s degree from a recognized academic higher education institution, corresponding to at least 180 ECTS (6 semesters), or a Master’s degree.
- Applicants for the Digital Communication, Policy and Innovation in Europe (track A), should have a Bachelor or Master degree in Mass Communication, Communications, Journalism or Media Studies. Candidates with a bachelor or master’s degree in Law, Sociology, Education, Translations or other social science disciplines must have gained competencies in the field of digital communication through work experience to be eligible.
- Applicants for the Digital Technology and Management track (track B) must have a Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering. Candidates with a bachelor or master’s degree in business administration with competencies in Information Technologies gained through work experience are also considered. Candidates with other bachelor or master’s degrees are not eligible.
- Applicants for positions as self-funding students that do not have a Bachelor’s degree at the moment of the application, but, they are expected to be awarded a Bachelor’s degree before the start of the programme, are considered.
- Applicants for an E+ Scholarship that do not have a Bachelor’s degree at the time of the submission of application are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Furthermore, in judging whether a particular diploma or work experiences is relevant to the topic of the programme, the selection commission will take into consideration the motivation letter.
- Prospective candidates should also note that Digital Marketing is a minor subject in the DCLead programme.
- Candidates of all nationalities are eligible for Erasmus + Scholarship, although 75% of these scholarships are Partner Countries scholarships. Only applicants who will submit all required documents will be eligible for consideration.