Applications are open for the Fully Funded Scholarships at ETH Zurich in Switzerland. Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship until 31st August 2020. The University is providing scholarships for a Ph.D. degree in the field of Engineering for Development (E4D)
For the Fully Funded Scholarships at ETH Zurich in Switzerland
- The general entrance requirements for doctoral studies at the ETH Zurich and
at the respective department must be fulfilled.
- Experience in the selected research area is required.
- Additionally, the University will give preference to citizens of Least Developed Countries and other
- Furthermore, Low-Income Countries according to the OECD DAC-list classification1 (soft
- Moreover, High English proficiency level is necessary
- Also, maximum age: 40 years
- Excellent MSc Degree and high academic performance is necessary
- Furthermore, ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea
- The doctoral supervisor must be an ETH-Professor and must have a guaranteed ETH position for the entire duration of the proposed project.
- Furthermore, the supervisor confirms his/her commitment to the project by a letter of support, indicating his/her contribution to the project in cash or kind.
The research project
- The proposal is a new doctoral project, not complementary funding to on-going
- Additionally, the research topic is relevant for improving the livelihoods of underprivileged
- Also, the ecological, socio-economic and cultural context is taken into account.
- Furthermore, the expected impact of the research is high for the intended target group.
- The grant sum is 175’000 CHF to cover the salary costs of doctoral students for three years.
- The Engineering for Development (E4D) doctoral scholarships promote doctoral research for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
- Additionally, it awards two doctoral scholarships per year and promotes innovative projects that are directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
- ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland, and one of the most prestigious universities in the world.
- Additionally, like its sister institution EPFL, it is an integral part of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology Domain (ETH Domain) that is directly subordinate to Switzerland’s Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.