Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarship at the University of Amsterdam. The deadline for the application is 1st September 2020. The name of the scholarship is Ph.D. Positions in Bayesian Modeling for Hybrid Intelligent Systems in the Netherlands
- Invent and evaluate novel methodologies at the intersection of probabilistic modeling and artificial intelligence;
- Likewise, apply these methods in impactful domains such as bioinformatics and healthcare—with an emphasis on learning under human guidance and cooperation;
- Also, present your research by contributing to international conferences, workshops, and journals;
- actively participate in local research communities (e.g. Hybrid Intelligence Centre, Amsterdam Machine Learning Lab, ADA Research Group);
- Furthermore, complete a Ph.D. thesis within the appointed duration of four years;
- Additionally, assist in teaching activities: teaching labs and tutorials or supervising bachelor and master students.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Scholarship
- A Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field;
- experience in statistical or mathematical modeling;
- experience in programming and software development. Familiarity with Python and scientific computing libraries (e.g. NumPy, Stan, TensorFlow, PyTorch) is preferred;
- enthusiasm for the scientific process: formulating and conducting experiments, data collection, and analysis, disseminating findings via writing and oral presentations;
- ability to cooperate and work effectively within a team;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken.
A temporary contract for 38 hours per week for the duration of 4 years that should lead to a dissertation (Ph.D. thesis). The University will draft an educational plan that includes attendance of courses and (international) meetings. We also expect you to assist in teaching undergraduates and master students.
Furthermore, the salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,395 to €3,061 gross per month, based on a full-time contract. Additionally, these amounts are an exclusive 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.