Apply for the Fully Funded Scholarships at the University of Oxford The deadline for the scholarship is 31st July 2020.
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Trust, based at the University of Oxford, brings together and develops exceptional people from all over the world, and in all fields of study, who are impatient with the way things are and have the courage to act.
Rhodes Global Scholarship is available to undertake Masters, Ph.D. level programs at the University of Oxford.
Any full-time postgraduate degree (including the BA with senior status over two years) at the University of Oxford is open under this scholarship programm.
The scholarship is open for students who are not from existing Rhodes constituencies.
Rhodes Global Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship. The scholarship will cover
- All University and College fees
- Also, the University application fee
- Likewise, a living stipend (£15,144 per annum 2018-19)
- Similarly, one economy class airfare to Oxford at the start of the scholarship and one economy flight back to the student’s home country at the conclusion of the scholarship.
The tenure of the Scholarship is two years, subject always to satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct. Subject to an application process, the Scholarship may be extended for a third year for those who take a recognized route to the DPhil (Ph.D.).
Eligibility Criteria for Fully Funded Scholarships at Oxford
- Nationality/citizenship: Eligibility to any other Rhodes Scholarship renders you ineligible to apply for a Global Scholarship, i.e. if you are eligible to apply via any existing Rhodes Constituency, you must apply there. Please also see the information online regarding inter-jurisdictional consideration – it may be in your interest to pursue that route rather than to apply for a Global Scholarship, which will likely be the most competitive Scholarships offered by the Rhodes Trust.
- Likewise, upon 1 October 2020, you must meet either of the below criteria:
- You must be at least 18 and have not reached your 24th birthday.
OR (for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual
- You must have not reached your 27th birthday (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1993) AND you have met or will meet the requirements for completion of your first degree on or after 1 October 2019.
- Also, you must have completed an undergraduate degree with a First Class or minimum GPA minimum of 3.70 out of 4.0. Please note carefully the requirements for your chosen course at Oxford, which may be higher still. Successful candidates typically feature within the top few ranks of their graduating classes.
- Furthermore, you must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements.
You will not be able to submit your application for the Global Scholarship without prior nomination by your University. Each university has a limited number of nominations that they can make each year. You must register the most appropriate nominator via the application form. Once their nomination has been received, you will be permitted to submit your form. You can apply online from 01 June every year at the Application page via the scholarships tab.
The University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. There is evidence of teaching as early as 1096, making it the oldest university in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest university in continuous operation.
Visit the official page for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more opportunities.