Embassy of France is pleased to offer Scholarships to Filipino students for the academic year 2019-2020. This academic award is directed to the next generation of Filipino leaders who have shown strong academic, leadership and professional abilities, and who wish to study in France for a graduate degree (Master’s and PhD levels). Also, these scholarships help to strengthen the bilateral relationship between the two countries. Moreover, Filipino Students receiving scholarships to study in France will be open to numerous opportunities. This will ensure that the beneficiary develops skills like leadership and other professional abilities which will enable them to help in the development of their country.
Successful Filipino Students will receive the status of the French government Scholars and the following benefits:
- A tuition fee subsidy for the entire duration of the graduate program
- For state-regulated public universities:
- Exemption from university registration fees
- For other French higher education institutions:
- Partial tuition fee subsidy, amounting to a maximum of €5 000 per academic year
- This subsidy is not convertible to cash and is payable directly to the French higher education institution
- A monthly stipend of €700 for Master’s or €1060 for PhD candidates
- Includes a €700 installation allowance
- NB: Please note that the stipend may be suspended during internship periods (which are usually part of most graduate degree programs).
- A health care package composed of mandatory national social security coverage and supplementary insurance policy
- Priority access to public student housing facilities
- Filipino citizens, residing in the Philippines at the time of application
- Graduates or graduating students of a Philippine higher education institution
- For applicants to Master’s degree programs: final-year students or graduates of a Bachelor-level degree
- For applicants to PhD programs: final-year students or graduates of a Master-level degree
- A one-page CV detailing your academic, professional, and leadership experience
- Likewise, An essay no longer than 500 words, explaining your reasons for wanting to study in France and how your experience and degree will benefit the Philippines and Filipino society. However, the review committee will discard the essays exceeding the word limit along with the application. Also, applicants must submit an academic essay, not a cover or motivation letter.
- Further, Official copy of complete and most recent academic transcripts (university-level grades)
- Similarly, Letter/s of acceptance or proof of a completed application to graduate degree programs, issued by the French higher education institution (HEI) where you applied to
- Also, Proof of financial resources (personal or household) such as the latest income tax return statement
* Optional: Letter/s of acceptance, or acknowledgment/s of application, to other scholarship programs as long as French government doesn’t fund the scholarships
* Optional: French proficiency test results (such as DELF) or a letter from a French language instructor detailing your writing and speaking proficiency levels
How To Apply
To apply for the scholarships, applicants must be a Filipino student currently not residing in France. Further, the applicants must apply for the scholarship online. Also, the applicants must submit all the required documents listed above. Finally, the applicants must apply for the scholarship before the deadline.
Filipino students can apply for the scholarships for postgraduate studies in France by no later than 4 pm, April 30, 2019.