Fully funded Tianjin Government Scholarship is available in China.
At Tianjin University, the school of International Educational has been carrying on the fine tradition and spirit of running school which formed in the course of development for more than 110 years of Tianjin University, by relying on the abundant actual force and advantages of running school. Moreover, the university is giving full play to the experiences of international student education for over 50 years, positively carry out the guideline of state international students education in new period, adhere to the spirit of developing, pioneering, innovation and advance with the times, has been made the scale of international student of Tianjin University to expanded unceasingly in several years.
Moreover, the level and quality of teaching have remarkably enhanced and attracted more and more international students study at Tianjin University. In recent years, there have been over 1000 international students at different levels coming to this university each year and this data has placed the forward rank among the national science and engineering universities and local universities.
The Fully Funded Tianjin Government Scholarship includes tuition fee amounting to 20000RMB, a living allowance of 1400RMB/mon for a duration of 10 months. While partial scholarship includes only tuition fee allowance of 20000RMB
The Fully Funded Tianjin Government Scholarship includes tuition fee amounting to 30000RMB, a living allowance of 1700RMB/mon for a duration of 10 months. While partial scholarship includes only tuition fee allowance of 30000RMB
The Fully Funded Tianjin Government Scholarship includes tuition fee amounting to 38000RMB, a living allowance of 2000RMB/mon for a duration of 10 months. While partial scholarship includes only tuition fee allowance of 38000RMB
Note: Fully funded Tianjin Government Scholarship is a one-year duration scholarship open for both prospective students and current students at Tianjin University, it could be applied year by year.
Qualification of Applicants
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport.
- A bachelor’s Degree program applicant should hold a high school diploma and be under the age of 30. Applicants who are still under the age of 18 as of September 1, 2019, must submit the original guardian certificate issued by the Tianjin District Notary Office, and the Guardian must be a permanent resident of Tianjin. A Master’s Degree program applicant should hold a Bachelor diploma and be under the age of 35. A Doctoral Degree program applicant should hold a Master diploma and be under the age of 40.
- Language Proficiency requirements: Chinese-taught programs applicants need to submit HSK certificates. A minimum requirement of HSK4 (Score 180 or above) for Engineering/Science or HSK5 (Score 180 or above) for liberal arts is needed. English-taught programs applicants need to submit English proficiency certificate (English native speakers are exempted). TOFEL: no less than 80, IELTS: no less than 6.0.
Applying for the Fully Funded Tianjin Government Scholarship
Applicants should complete an Online Application on the website according to the application schedule. Applicants should fill in the application information online, upload the application documents listed below to the Online Application System.
The application system will still be available during the winter break. Due to the limited quota in each school, early application is strongly advised.
Documents required for the Fully Funded Tianjin Government Scholarship
Please upload all the listed documents below to the application system:
- Scan of the highest diploma. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Scan of pre-graduation certificate if the applicants have not gained certificate. Please resubmit the notarized copy of the highest diploma before registration. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- A scan of a notarized copy of the academic transcripts or scan of international standardized test results (such as SAT/ACT/A-Level/AP/IB etc.).
- Photocopy of passport.
- The applicant applying for programs taught in Chinese needs to submit an HSK certificate or English Proficiency certificate.
- Applicants who are not in China at present must submit a scan of Certificate of Non-Criminal Records or performance certificate.
- Likewise, Applicants must submit the Physical Examination Report from a public hospital.
- Also, Applicants who are now in China must submit a scan of Photocopy of Visa and Transfer Certificate from present school.
- A study or research plan: Applicants who apply for Master or PhD program must provide a study or research plan of no less than 800 words in English or Chinese.
- Further, Two recommendation letters. Applicants who apply for Master’s need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors or associate professors. Further, Applicants who apply for the PhD need to submit two recommendation letters in English or Chinese from two professors.
- Moreover, Applicants for art or architectural majors are requested to submit two sketches of the applicants’ own works.
Costs (Unit: RMB Yuan)
- Application Fee: RMB 420
- Tuition Fees of Undergraduate Programs.
- Tuition Fees of Graduate Programs.
- Accidental Injury and Hospitalization Insurance: RMB 800/year
- Accommodation on Weijin Road campus: RMB 60/day per person for single rooms, RMB 50/day per person for double rooms; Accommodation on Peiyang Park campus: RMB 40/day per person for single rooms.
Address: International Admissions Office (Room 216 in Building No.10 ), School of International Education, Tianjin University
No.92, Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, China Zip code: 300072
Tel: 0086-22-27406691 Fax: 0086-22-27406147
E-mail: [email protected]