Apply for the Fully Funded TRACE Investigative Reporting Fellowship 2021. The deadline for the application is 16th September 2020.
Additionally, TRACE and Alfred Friendly share the belief in the power of investigative journalism to hold the powerful accountable and strengthen democracies.
Also, the fellowship program begins with a three-week orientation and training seminar at the Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia, Missouri designed to prepare the fellows – both personally and professionally – for the challenges of living and working in the United States.
- The fellowship covers all costs of program-related international and domestic U.S. travel, health insurance, and provides a monthly stipend to cover basic living expenses.
- Likewise, it is highly recommended that fellows bring additional money with them. While family members may visit for up to one month, they cannot accompany the fellow for the duration of the fellowship.
- Open to early-career professional journalists from developing countries.
- Additionally, the successful candidate will be 25-35 years old and have at least three years of experience as a journalist at a print, online, or broadcast media outlet.
- Furthermore, participants working as staff reporters in their host newsrooms are required to develop training plans that they implement when they return to their home newsrooms.
- Application Form: The application form must be complete. Please attach one additional page to the application form for more space.
- CV/Resume: Also, a curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé that outlines your professional and educational history. Likewise, briefly describe your responsibilities and achievements in each job. The CV/résumé should be one to two pages, typed and in English.
- Essays: Each of the essays should be one to two pages, 400 to 800 words, typed and in English.
- Letter of Reference: Two confidential reference letters. The third reference from someone familiar with your personality, character, background, etc., is optional. References from Press Partners alumni who you know well are welcome.
- Employer’s Employment: Please have your employer complete and sign the form
Visit the official page for more information. Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.