The University of British Columbia calls applications for the Fully Funded UBC Vantage College Awards. UBC Vantage College Awards is offered for Bachelors degree in the field of Arts, Applied Science in Engineering, Management, Science.
The candidates must meet the following criteria for the Fully Funded UBC Vantage College Awards.
- They must be a strong academic student.
- Also, they should demonstrate financial need.
- Additionally, the applicants should be entering directly from secondary school.
- They must be nominated by a member of the school or community.
- Furthermore, the candidates must be pursuing studies in the Vantage One Program at UBC Vantage College.
Vantage One Entrance Award
- The University offers awards ranging in value up to $25,000 to students beginning their undergraduate studies in the Vantage One Programs at UBC.
- Also, the University automatically considers all Vantage One students for this award when they apply to one of the programs.
- Additionally, they will grant the awards on the basis of academic merit.
- If the applicants have a financial need, they have the option to submit an application for this award so the University can also take that into consideration.
- Furthermore, the award is non-renewable and is made on the recommendation of UBC Vantage College.
International Major Entrance Scholarship
- Each year, the University awards International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) to exceptional international students entering their undergraduate studies at UBC in the Vantage One Program.
- They grant the awards on the basis of exceptional academic achievement, intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Furthermore, the scholarship totals up to $85,000 payable at up to $25,000 for the applicants’ first year, and up to $20,000 per year for years 2 to 4.
Vantage One Excellence Awards
- The value of each award is dependent on the recipient’s financial need.
- Also, the students can renew the awards for up to three additional years or to degree completion if the recipients maintain their status as an international student in Canada.
- Additionally, the award winners will have their awards reviewed annually to assess and update academic progress and financial need.
- Moreover, the candidates will receive the awards on the basis of academic merit. The administrators also take the financial need into account.
- The UBC Vantage College makes this award in consultation with the UBC International Student Initiative.
About the University
- The University of British Columbia, commonly referred to as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada.
- Also, founded in 1908 as the McGill University College of British Columbia, the university became independent and adopted its current name in 1915.
- Additionally, it is British Columbia’s oldest institution of higher learning and has over 60,000 students at its Vancouver and Okanagan Valley campuses.
- Furthermore, most students enroll in five larger faculties: Arts, Science, Medicine, Applied Science and the Sauder School of Business.
For additional details, visit the official website.