The Fully Funded University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master’s programme at the University of Twente.
The University of Twente is a multicultural community of talented, ambitious people that offers students, scientists and educators from around the world the best possible conditions. Like our innovative and vibrant campus with world-class facilities for crossing boundaries and solving complex problems.
Moreover, the fully funded University of Twente Scholarship aims to develop skills to enable the candidates to push their boundary and develop excellence in their area of studies. Besides, the scholarships at the university depend upon a number of factors, for instance, academic merit, need, and faculty. Further, the benefits of UTS are:
- Become one of the most promising UT students.
- Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honors programmes: Research honors, Design honors, or Change leaders.
€ 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
Please note: This scholarship covers student’s study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
In order to be eligible for the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for a UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been(provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2019/2020 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- Likewise, you must have a student number.
- Similarly, you have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- Moreover, you comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Further, you comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- Also, you are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
Please note: The UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students. This programme is also not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION
- Application form opens per (update!!!) 15 October 2018, 12.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 February 2019, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2019)
- Form opens per 1 February 2019, 16.00 CET
- Form closes per 1 May 2019, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2019)
We will not consider your application for round 2 if you didn’t qualify in round 1.
You can receive only one UT scholarship.