The WISE Learners’ Voice Program brings the perspectives of young people aged 16-21 to the challenge. Which is of rethinking education and equips them to take on leading roles in their fields and in the world of education. The program aims to give young people a platform to voice their views and to create a youth community. Further, interested in shaping the future of education.
Moreover, the program comprises of a residential session in Doha, participation at the 2019 WISE Summit. Also, the publication of collective creative work. The Program focuses on building knowledge of education, social entrepreneurship, leadership, and communication skills.
The Learners participate in the global biennial summit and in two intensive residential sessions delivered by expert faculty. These are supplemented by practical workshops and also, various online and on-site activities. In a key component of the Program, the learners form teams to conceive and design grass-roots projects that address critical education challenges. Selected projects, developed throughout the year, are presented at the following WISE Summit.
- Pre-Summit Residential Session: Learners will participate in a 3-day interactive residential session in Doha to gain develop communication and problem-solving skills while gaining exposure to the field of education.
- WISE Summit: Learners will actively participate in the 2019 WISE Summit to share their views and opinions on the shaping the future of education to education stakeholders such as educators, policymakers, school leaders, parents among others.
- Creative Submission: Learners will also develop a creative piece on education, which will share with the WISE community during the program to amplify their voices.
The threefold objectives of the program to give young people:
- The tools and resources they need to ensure their voices are heard
- A platform to voice their opinions and discuss with policymakers, educators and innovators in education
- An opportunity to participate and engage at WISE 2019 and to have their work creative work published by WISE.
- Candidates must be of age 16-21 who have an interest in engaging in the field of education.
- Applicants must have a valid travel document.
- Candidates must be willing and available to travel to Doha from 16-22 November 2019.
- Applicants must be curious
- Likewise, Candidates must demonstrate creativity and reflection in their creative submissions on the selected prompt.
- The candidate clearly demonstrates engagement in social issues and how s/he has sought to overcome them through innovative ideas, and initiatives.
- Also, candidates must secure approval from their schools/institutions to attend the program, and parents if under 18 years of age.