Application is open for The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program. The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program is a fully funded, full-time program for students seeking to earn a Master’s Degree in Development Practice. Further, (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA. The Master of Development Practice is a two-year degree providing graduate-level students with the skills and knowledge to better identify and address the global challenges of sustainable development, such as poverty, population, health, conservation, climate change, and human rights.
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in 2 academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than 2 consecutive years
- The scholarship covers university fees,
- Health insurance,
- Educational materials,
- Living allowance and
- Travel expenses.
- Candidates from Egyptian national
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in also, a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Show an excellent professional and academic track record
- Express strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Further, Demonstrate the inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is in need, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best for academic success at the
- Humphrey School of Public Affairs
- Also, Recommendation to previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), also, 100 (Internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 for the IELTS MDP accepted Graduate Record Examination score (GRE).
- No specific score is required, however, also, Fall 2015 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Percentile: 68th and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 54th
- Submit scholarship application to Newton Education Services, on behalf of SFSD.
- Submit an academic application to the Humphrey School.
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Further, Copy of valid passport ID page
- Updated resume
- Also, all undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Also, GRE score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.