Applications are now open for the Funded Fay Marles Scholarship 2019. This scholarship is name after former Chancellor Ms Fay Marles in recognition of her strong commitment to social justice. Also, human rights, and offered to research students from Australian Indigenous descent. Or students who are experiencing compassionate or compelling circumstances.
Moreover, The University of Melbourne (informally Melbourne University) is an Australian public research university located in Melbourne, Victoria. Founded in 1853, it is Australia’s second oldest university and the oldest in Victoria. Times Higher Education ranks Melbourne as 33rd in the world, while the Academic Ranking of World Universities places Melbourne 44th in the world (both first in Australia).
- Living allowance of $30,600 per year pro rata (2019 full-time study rate) for up to 2 years for students. Who is undertaking a Master by research degree or up to 3.5 years for students undertaking a Doctoral degree.
- The living allowance may be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick maternity also parenting leave.
Relocation grant of $2,000 for students moving from States or Territories other than Victoria or $3,000 for students moving from outside Australia.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- Further, be of Indigenous Australia descent and/or be experiencing compassionate or compelling circumstances (e.g. illness, a disability, carers responsibilities or personal hardship);
- have applied for and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne, or
- Likewise, be currently enroll in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne
- not have already completed a research qualification at the same or higher level as the course for which a scholarship is sought,
- not have previously received a graduate research scholarship with equivalent benefits
- Eligible candidates are select base on the level of disadvantage experience by the applicant, academic merit, the strength of the supporting documentation, and their research potential in their field of study. Preference is to new students also current students who have at least 12 months (full-time equivalent) of candidature remaining.