The fellowship is a leadership, employability, innovation and entrepreneurship programme for the best and brightest female students in engineering, technology, and the built environment to find solutions to global challenges. Additionally, The women fellowship is a program that improves critical skills for the future of work and skills to start up their own business. Further WomEng is an authentic values-driven organization for women in engineering by predominantly women engineers who have developed a programme to address the issues facing women in the engineering sector from school level all the way through to industry.
Moreover, Being a dynamic organization, WomEng has been able to meet the changing demands and needs of the global engineering industry. In Addition, WomEng has been able to deliver cost-effective, impactful programming and has a successful track record spanning over 12 years in developing a programme that works. Also, It is a financially transparent organization, with a strong board of directors. WomEng’s unique model ensures lasting impact created by passionate and committed people.
A key component of the Women Fellowship is the Innovation Challenge. Further, The challenge is that WomEng Fellows are to come up with engineering and technology business ideas that will contribute to the realization of one or more of the Global Goals.
- Exclusive access to WomEng developed resources for leadership, employability and innovation skills.
- Develop a business idea that can be scaled through incubation.
- Access to mentorship opportunities.
- Grow your professional network.
- Womeng covers all costs related to participation in the programme including travel to Johannesburg, accommodation, food, and facilitation during the programme.
- Applications are open to female engineering, technology, and built environment students currently studying full-time at a South African University or the University of Technology.
- Applicants must be in their second last to the final year of undergraduate studies or full-time postgraduate studies.
- Applicants must commit to attending the full programme from 03 – 06 July 2019 in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Ex-Fellows are not eligible to apply.
- Complete the application form online. However, the responses are completed offline first as you cannot save your application and return.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is Sunday, 19 May 2019, 23h59 SAST.
- An expert panel will screen and shortlist applicants.
- As mentioned before, Womeng covers all costs. However, You will be required to pay a nominal fee of R725 if selected. This is to avoid “no-shows” as there is a high demand for places. WomEng has made provision for a small number of subsidies. Further, This is provided on an individual needs analysis basis.
- Finally, the WomEng Team looks forward to welcoming the Top Fellows to Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2019.
For more information, go the official link