The Embassy of the United States of America is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Fulbright Foreign Student Program. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is one to a two-year degree program for young professionals and university graduates interested in pursuing a Master’s Degree in the United States. Further, Fellowships are competitive to candidates who best demonstrate a commitment to service in public and/or private sectors and the potential to influence the future of Albania. The Fellowship is generally for one or two academic years at a university in the United States to pursue a masters’ degree. Fellows are required to return to Albania for at least two years at the conclusion of their fellowship. Family members may be eligible to accompany fellows on a case-by-case basis. They are also subject to the 2-year home residency rule.
- The Fulbright Fellowship provides tuition and university fees, a monthly maintenance allowance, a book and supplies allowance, a computer subsidy, round-trip international travel to the host institution (and to the Fellow’s English-language training program when applicable) and domestic travel to Washington, D.C. for a special seminar. Supplementary funds are available for professional activities such as field trips or attendance at conferences. The Fulbright Fellowships are not renewable.
- Applicants are to be citizens of the Republic of Albania.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor degree requiring at least four years of full-time study (or three + one, three + two in the Bologna system);
- Candidates must have a minimum of two years of professional experience in the field of study and demonstrate leadership ability
- Further, Be proficient in oral and written English (equivalent to B2 level; TOEFL test scores are not in need at the time of application.)
- Be eligible for a J-1 visa.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
A complete application includes:
- Application form (generated by the Embark system including attachments available in the system)
- Translated and notarized copies of university diploma(s) and grade transcripts from all higher education institutions attended
- Also, Three letters of reference
- Curriculum Vitae
- Further, Letter from employer confirming the employment
- Copy of passport bio page
- Copies of certificates from previous training (valid to the field of study only)