Applications have opened for the Funded Google News Fellowship. The name of the fellowship is the European Journalism Centre Google News Initiative Fellowship 2020. Interested candidates can apply until 30th March 2020.
- The GNI Fellowship offers paid summer placements to journalism, technology or design students and recent graduates who want to gain valuable work experience and build lifelong contacts.
- Additionally, this is a unique opportunity that can allow candidates to kick-start a career in the news industry.
- Also, fellows will be able to learn from experts and connect with other students from across Europe.
- Furthermore, depending on the needs of each newsroom, fellows will research and write stories, contribute to open source data projects, create visuals and interactives, and look into data to accurately frame public debate.
The candidates should meet the given criteria for the Funded Google News Fellowship
- The candidates must be 18 years or older.
- They should be enrolled in or accepted for an accredited higher education institution in the same country as their newsroom of choice; or if they are from or currently living in the country where the newsroom is based.
- This includes graduate, master, and Ph.D. students, as well as students pursuing technical or professional certificates.
- Also, they may submit only one application in the country in which they’re currently studying, living or where they are from. In the application form, they will also have the option of indicating a second and third preferred option, in case of not being selected by the main newsroom of choice.
- The organizers accept both full-time and part-time students, as long as the candidate is enrolled or accepted in an accredited higher education institution in 2020.
- Also, recent graduates of 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Furthermore, the candidates must be able to work legally in the country where they apply.
- Additionally, the candidates should be excited about journalism, especially data-driven journalism, emerging technologies, and/or new forms of storytelling.
- The European Journalism Centre will cover the travel and accommodation costs for the Bootcamp.
- Additionally, fellows will receive up to 5000 euros remuneration from the host organization. The exact amount will be at the discretion of each host organization.
- Candidates may only submit one application to the newsroom offering the placement that better fits their interests and experience.
- They are also able to indicate a second and third newsroom of preference, should their main application not be selected.
- To apply, click the link here.
Visit the official website for further details.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more fellowship opportunities.