Funded ICGEB Fellowships 2018
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Pre-doctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
- Duration: 1-12 months
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Applicants should be nationals of an ICGEB Member States.
- Candidates applying for ICGEB Short-Term Fellowships, 2018 (ICGEB Trieste and Cape Town) must have obtained a BSc (Honours) degree.
- Applicants for ICGEB New Delhi are required to hold an MSc degree (Honours).
- Applicants for ICGEB Short-Term Fellowships, 2018 must have good command over the English language along with proficiency certificates.
- Applicants must not apply for fellowships that are based in their country of origin unless they are working abroad at the time of application.
- Proficiency certificates are not required if scholastic education is undertaken in English.
- The Fellowship can be taken in either of ICGEB Trieste or Cape Town or New Delhi.
Deadline:31st March 2018