Applications are open to the International Visiting Fellowships at The University of Essex in the UK, 2019. Essex International Visiting Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards for high performing established academics and researchers. This flagship programme provides support for outstanding researchers to undertake a period of research at Essex that is of major importance in its field and of significant benefit to Essex’s research.
The programme provides a platform to:
- work with Essex academics on a research project or publication
- champion Essex as a center of scholarly excellence at an international level
- raise the profile of the multi-disciplinary research community at Essex
- enrich the research and training environment for early career postgraduate and also, postdoctoral scholars at Essex
An Essex International Visiting Fellowship includes:
- Economy airfare from the Visiting Fellow’s nominated home airport to a London based airport and return from
- London to the nominated home airport.
- Similarly, Self-catering accommodation, including the cost of utilities.
- A contribution to subsistence (£100 per week).
- Likewise, Award holders are given the title International Visiting Fellow for the period of their stay.
- Essex International Visiting Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have a sustained track record of significant output, as demonstrated in peer-reviewed literature, and also, a strong commitment to quality research outputs.
- Further, Students and graduates (eg undergraduate students/graduates, Master’s students/graduates, PhD students, post-doctoral students) are not eligible for the scheme
- International Visiting Fellows applications must be by a senior Essex academic. Further, during their visit it is that the Fellow(s) will contribute to the wider activity of the University, engaging with a wide cross-section of the research community.
- They cannot accept applications to Southend or Loughton Campuses. Further, Should you wish to visit one of these campuses, please see their staff mobility information for other funding opportunities.
- Please keep in mind that the Visiting Fellowship is on a competitive basis.