The University of Bolton is delighted to offer two funded Scholarship for the full-time Postgraduate in International Multimedia Journalism for the 2019/20 academic year. The global media economy transforming. With major changes in the way stories are produced, circulated and consumed, today’s visual journalists and storytellers need new skills to meet the challenges and take advantage of new opportunities.
This one-year Master’s degree offers an intensive, practice-focused multimedia programme. You’ll develop a range of core skills and techniques centered on digital visual media including photography, video, data visualization, and social media. You’ll also be trained in fundamental journalism practice and theory to ensure your creative skills are industry ready and underpinned by sound professional practice. Moreover, the University of Bolton in one of the most affordable universities in the UK.
The University of Bolton offers two funded scholarship for postgraduate students in multimedia journalism. Further, the journalism scholarship covers up to 50% waiver in the tuition fee.
You should have one of the following, or their international equivalents:
- at least an upper second class honors degree (2.1) in a relevant subject; or at least an upper second class honors degree in any subject and significant professional experience in the industry; or at least an upper second class honors degree in a related subject with a major project in a relevant subject.
- If English is not your first language you will also need IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent). If you do not have an IELTS we may be able to provide you with a local equivalent test.
- However, Your application is still eligible if you do not have any of the above qualifications. You need to have significant experience in the field of journalism or communications. Also, you must produce a strong portfolio as part of your application.
- The result of your application will be published within one month as either, accept, fail or reapply.
- If your application has been received and approved you will be interviewed via phone or Skype. During your interview, we will discuss/assess your online portfolio, demonstrating your suitability and aptitude for the course
- With reapply, you have the opportunity to resubmit an application for the clearing period in May to June 2018, with suggestions on what you need to do to improve.
- We are looking for you to demonstrate a clear style and commitment to the area of study. Please edit your submission folio down to what you regard to be a few pieces of your very best work.
- You must show original copies of your highest qualification certificate before starting the course.
How To Apply
To apply for the course please download the application form fill it in then scan/photograph it and email it to Sharron Lovell
Please give the following details under ‘Course Title’ in section 3 of the form:
“International Multimedia Journalism – MA (China) full-time”
Please give one reference in section 11 – and the details of a second referee in section 12.
The interview will occur via phone or Skype.
Before the interview you should send:
- An electronic portfolio of your work. We suggest applicants should send work via a website, blog or other digital platforms. You may also use folders on dropbox or WeTransfer, please ensure that materials sent via folders are reduced for web sharing. You may also share links to work on platforms like Flickr, Vimeo or Soundcloud.
- A copy of your final BA dissertation or other research.
We are looking for you to demonstrate a clear style and commitment to the area of study and a keen interest in journalism.
In addition, please send the hard copy of your completed application form to:
Recruitment & Admissions
University of Bolton
We recommend you keep a photocopy of your completed form for your records.