Applications are now open for the Funded Scholarship at The Australian National University, Canberra 2020. The Dean’s International Science Excellence Scholarship is jointly offered by ANU College of Science and ANU College of Health & Medicine. It is a prestigious scholarship awarded to the very best international students from the Colleges’ institutional partners. Further, ranked first in Australia and in the world top 20, for student demand; research intensity; research grants; staff qualifications, and graduate starting salary.
Scholarship Focus Areas
- The scholarship offers a stipend of $5,000 paid as a one-off payment after the census date (31 March/31 August) of your commencing semester.
- Also, An application fee of A$100 applies.
- An international student. Dependents of the staff of diplomatic or consular missions are also eligible.
- Undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate studies at an institute which has an articulation agreement with the Colleges. Click here for the list of the Colleges’ articulation partners.
- Likewise, Enrolling at ANU for the first time in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program in the Colleges.
- The award of scholarships will be based on academic merit. Further, Committee will consider the marks achieved in academic courses relevant to studying science at the Australian National University. Any academic achievements you list in your application will also influence your ranking.
- As a guide, applicants with the equivalent of a High Distinction at Australian National University will be considered. However, as the scholarships are highly competitive a mark at this level does not guarantee a scholarship.
- Please note that as we take into account academic achievements additional to those reflected in your grades, and also, only courses relevant to studying science are considered, the award of a scholarship may not reflect your ranking at your home university.
- English Language Requirements:
- Academic IELTS: An overall score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of the test.
- TOEFL paper-based test: A score of 550 with a TWE score of 4.0.
- TOEFL internet-based test: An overall score of 68, with a minimum of 18 in Writing.
- PTE Academic: An overall score of 57 with a minimum score of 50 in each of the communicative skills.