Applications are open for the University of Otago scholarship to pursue a bachelor degree in New Zealand. The University of Otago New Frontiers Excellence and Sustained Excellence Scholarships were established. Further, by the University of Otago in 2015, in order to recognize academic excellence in secondary school study. For students who do not have another University of Otago Entrance Scholarship (except the Dux Scholarship). these scholarships are guaranteed to those who secure an Excellence endorsement at NCEA Level Two and/or Level Three (or equivalent). This scholarship is not available to students enrolling for Health Sciences First Year or for the intermediate year of professional degrees not offered at the University of Otago (e.g. engineering)
Specializations for studying on this opportunity:
- Between $2,500 and $5,000 (dependent on the level of academic achievement at school).
Application for all Entrance Scholarships are normally open to students who meet one of the following requirements:
- International students who have completed an internationally recognized qualification at an overseas high school. Such as A-Levels, International Baccalaureate, or ATAR, AND have achieved excellent grades may be to apply.
- International students who have completed Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13. Further, at a New Zealand school (or for International students an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Are intending to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for full-time degree-level. Further, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Those who have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher are not normally eligible.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, those intending to commence study in programmes such as Health Sciences First Year or the intermediate year of professional degrees not offered at the University of Otago (e.g. Engineering) are not eligible for this scholarship.