Applications are open for the Sir Henry Dale Fellowship at UK 2019. The scheme supports research ranging from the molecules and cells vital to life. Their role in the global spread of disease, to clinical and public health research seeking to improve the quality of healthcare. It can be based in the laboratory, clinic or field, and may involve experimental or theoretical approaches.
Moreover, It brings together the Royal Society and the Wellcome Trust. Two of the world’s most prestigious and influential scientific organizations, in their shared commitment. Further, to support the future leaders of biomedical research. The scheme seeks to support individuals who would have previously applied for a ‘biomedical’ Royal Society University Research Fellowship. Or a Wellcome Trust Research Career Development Fellowship hosted by a UK academic organization.
Sir Henry Dale OM GBE FRS was President of the Royal Society from 1940 to 1945. Also, he was a founding Trustee and Chairman of the Wellcome Trust.
The scheme supports
- Research ranging from the molecules and cells vital
- Life and their role in the global spread of disease
- Clinical and public health research seeking to improve the quality of healthcare
- A basic salary for the Fellow, as determined by the host organization; an additional Wellcome Trust enhancement of £7,500 per annum will also be provided.
- Research expenses, including research assistance if required (normally a graduate research assistant or technician; Likewise, requests for additional research staff may be considered where fieldwork or clinical studies in a low- or middle-income country are proposed).
- Travel and subsistence for collaborative travel or scientifically justified overseas visits of normally up to one.
- You are eligible to apply for a Sir Henry Dale Fellowship if you have a PhD. Along with, significant postdoctoral research experience.
- Individuals who have held or are currently completing a nationally competitive fellowship at the same level as this fellowship is not normally eligible to apply for this scheme.
- Further, This scheme is not open to individuals who wish to combine research with a continuing clinical career in medicine, psychology, dentistry or veterinary practice.
- If you’re currently applying for another Wellcome fellowship or a Royal Society University Research Fellowship you would also be unable to apply.
- You must have made intellectual contributions to research that have been published in leading journals, and be able to demonstrate your potential to carry out independent research.
- You should describe in your application how this proposal will further your independent scientific career.