The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan — and TWAS-ICCBS offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences. Moreover, Under this scheme, grants are awarded to promising high-level research projects in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics as well as Physics carried out by individual scientists in one of the S&T-lagging countries identified by TWAS-ICCBS. Further, The grant program enables them to purchase the research facilities they need to enhance their productivity.
- living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation, and incidental minor illness.
- The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the year of application,
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- Further, must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of the department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected] or [email protected]) Further, who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with a copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- Additionally, provide evidence of proficiency in English, if a medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members