Applications are now open for the UCI Irvine Regent’s Scholarship 2019. The Regents’ Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship UC Irvine offers to freshmen entering from high school. The University of California (UCI) Irvine, Irvine (UCI, UC Irvine, or Irvine), is a public research university located in Irvine, California, United States. Also, one of the 10 campuses in the University of California (UC) system. UC Irvine is considered a Public Ivy and offers 80 undergraduate degrees and 98 graduate also professional degrees. Further, The university is designated as having very high research activity in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, and in the fiscal year 2013 had $348 million in research and development expenditures according to the National Science Foundation. Also, UC Irvine became a member of the Association of American Universities in 1996 and is the youngest university to hold membership.
- The scholarship award, Regents’ Scholars also receive other benefits from the University. Regents’ Scholars receive a priority window for class registration, graduate-level library privileges, Regents’ Scholar notation on official transcripts and an offer of guaranteed on-campus housing.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, an international student with a valid visa
- Must have applied for an undergraduate program at the university for the fall intake
- Likewise, Applicants for winter or spring quarter are not eligible.
- The Regents’ Scholarship is award base on the information gather on the UC Application for Admission and Scholarships. No additional materials are requir nor consider in the selection process.
- To be consider for the Regents’ Scholarship, you must apply for fall admission by November 30.
- The selection committee conducts a comprehensive review of the applicant pool to determine the student’s strength and breadth of academic preparation.
- Selection is based on a comprehensive review of the admissions application, including, but not limited to test scores and grades. To be eligible for the Regents’ Scholarship you must be a U.S. citizen, an eligible non-citizen, an international student with a valid visa or students qualifying under AB130 or AB131.
- Further, Only students who fall under these categories are eligible for the Regents’ Scholarship.