Applications are now open for the University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship 2019. The Todai Fellowship provides financial support to international students of excellent academic achievement in their academic research in the doctoral courses of The University of Tokyo by granting a scholarship (hereinafter referred to as the “Todai Fellowship”) as well as promotes the admission of international students from various countries.
This scholarship should be applied at the same time as submitting an entrance application. The result of the admission decision and the scholarship will be notified at the same time. The University of Tokyo or UTokyo is a research university located in Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan. Further, the university has 10 faculties with a total of around 30,000 students, 2,100 of whom are foreign. Its five campuses are in Hongō, Komaba, Kashiwa, Shirokane, also Nakano. It is the first of Japan’s National Seven Universities.
- The value of the scholarship is JPY 200,000 per month as stipend for three years.
- Applicant must be applying for admission to a doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Also, must have a valid visa to stay in Japan as a “College Student”
- Must not be in receipt of or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations.
- Application Form for 2019 Todai Fellowship
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor
- Transcript of graduate school and undergraduate school
- Study Plan
- Also, a list of past achievements
- Copy of presented papers
- Submitted documents will not be return for any reason.
- Further, Those who have decided not to enroll in the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences must decline a
- Recipients must hold the “College Student” status of eligibility. Those who hold any other status
eligibility is NOT eligible to receive the Todai Fellowship.
- Likewise, If GSFS recognizes any false information in submitted application documents, discovers recipients
will or are to receive any other fellowships or scholarships than Todai Fellowship, GSFS will rescind
Todai Fellowship and shall order all stipends provided until then to be returned.
- A number of recipients and the amount of stipend may be changed without notice.