Humboldt Foundation hosts a number of Research Fellowship in Germany. The fellowship grants young researchers a means to excel in their research. You may apply for various fellowships at Humboldt Foundation. Among them, the German Chancellor Fellowship recognizes individuals with outstanding talents.
The German Chancellor Fellowship offers you an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work. In order to apply, develop your own project idea and find the host of your choice to mentor you.
What are the benefits of the German Chancellor Fellowship?
As one of the most prestigious fellowships offered by the Humboldt Foundation, the Fellowship covers:
- a monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
- individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- a study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
Who is eligible for the German Chancellor Fellowship?
The German Chancellor Fellowship program nurtures leadership in the fellows. Furthermore, the fellowship program is highly competitive. Hence, the fellows require to meet the following criteria:
- are a university graduate with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA and have already acquired initial leadership experience
- completed your first degree less than 12 years ago
- would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country
- work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration, and culture
How to apply for the German Chancellor Fellowship?
The application for the German Chancellor Fellowship is available online at Humboldt Foundation’s website. Applicants wishing to apply for the research fellowship may do so before the deadline. Further, the applicants must include documentation:
- Host’s statement including confirmation of support
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of your first academic degree and, if applicable, further degrees, including certified translations
- Transcripts of grades
- Where appropriate German or English language certificate
Humboldt Foundation accepts the application for the fellowship until September 15, 2019.