Applications call for Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021. Google believes information should be universally accessible. Google is also committed to helping the innovators of the future make the most of their talents by providing scholarships for computer science students with disabilities. As part of the commitment, Google has partnered with EmployAbility; a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers.
Moreover, the 10 best applications, as assessed in accordance with the Criteria above shall be selected to receive the scholarship payment of €7,000 (issued in the form of bank transfer) to be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the applicants’ classes at their primary university.
- Applicants must be university students studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field at a university in Europe or Israel with a disability.
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time or part-time students for the 2020-2021 academic year. Also, applicants must intend to be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student at a university in
- Europe or Israel for the 2021-2022 academic year as well as applicants must maintain a strong academic record.
- Applicants must exemplify leadership and a passion for Computer Science and technology.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of 5 October 2020
- Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily residents in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs are not eligible to apply for the Google Europe Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021.
- Each application will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria: (i) demonstration of passion for computer science; (ii) academic merit; and (iii) demonstration of leadership skills (the “Criteria”).
- Each application that meets the criteria will be reviewed by Google in accordance with the Criteria by an internal panel of Google judges, and the best 10 applications (as assessed by the panel of judges in their sole discretion against the Criteria) will be successful.
- Notification of successful applicants will take place by no later than June 2021 at the email address provided at the time of application. Notification is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Furthermore, successful applicants will be required to accept the scholarship terms within 14 days of notification by Google. If successful applicants fail to accept within 14 days, the scholarship payment will be forfeited and Google may; in its sole discretion, select an alternative successful applicant.
Applications for 2021 are now open