Applications are now welcomed for Harvard University Aston Award for Student Research 2022. This award supports researches done by graduates as well as undergraduates working on Asian tropical forest biology.
The Ashton Award for Student Research is made possible by the generosity of Professor Peter Ashton and his wife Mary Ashton through the Peter and Mary Ashton Training Fund.
- Awards up to $4000 are granted for supporting student research expenses.
Eligibility Criteria of Harvard University Ashton Award for Student Research 2022
- The Award is available to advanced undergraduates and graduate students.
- Not limited to universities in the United States or to US citizens.
- Awards are granted through a competitive review process. Selection of the recipient(s) will be based on the educational background of the student and their readiness to conduct the proposed research; the quality of the proposed research; and the relevance of the proposed research to the mission of the Arnold Arboretum.
Online applications should include the following :
- Cover letter.
- Research statement. The statement should be 1 to 2-pages and describe your research project and how additional funding via the Ashton Award would further your research aims. Include the names of other collaborators (in addition to your advisor). References should be included but do not count as part of the page limit.
- Research budget. Applicants should submit a simple, 1-page budget that itemizes the research and travel costs associated with the proposed project.
- Project time-line.Applicants should submit a timeline of the project and anticipated start and end dates.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation. As part of the online submission, you must send a request to the two referees to submit a letter of recommendation (via the request section). The referee will be automatically sent an email with a link to an online submission form where they will upload a letter of recommendation. It is highly recommended that you contact your referee prior to sending the request. Please inform the referee to expect an email from [email protected] with instructions for submitting a recommendation letter. Each referee must upload his/her letter of recommendation via the link by February 1.
Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!